Terms & Conditions for Ketsafaris
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and can be guaranteed as early as our client/traveler secures scheduled departures. Last minute bookings scheduled departures can be guaranteed subject to accommodation availability.
- Accommodation is guaranteed based on the number of persons sharing in a single, double or triple room or tent: where possible rooms with private hot shower and toilet inside will be provided. Single rooms are provided at an additional cost but can be guaranteed subject to availability. Hotel /lodges are named as an indication of category and rooms may be reserved at similar standard, Luxury, Mid-range hotels/lodges/ tented camps according to your itinerary
- Bookings and subsequent contracts invoice shall be deemed to have been concluded in any Country you secure your booking package, Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa etc. and shall be interpreted according to the laws of each Country.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- A 40% deposit is required to secure a booking. This deposit forms part of the payment for the trip and shall be offset to the total amount charged to the client/Traveler. The rest of the amount should be paid in full prior to your arrival date.
- Clients/Traveler may also pay the full amount once all the reservations have been made days or months prior to their safari if so is desired to avoid 3.5% surcharge which is charged by the bank for any transfer made.
- Deposit is required through Wire Transfer or online payment and any deposit attracts 3.5% surcharge which is charged by the bank for any transfers is made.
- The balance of full amount should be settled prior your arrival in Kenya. If it’s not paid the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as new booking
- Clients/Traveler Last Minutes booking within three (3 to 1) weeks of tour departure are required to pay the full amount immediately to secure the reservation.
- For amendments of existing bookings done by the client/ traveler (e.g. departure dates, air tickets, accommodation, number of participants as per booking applies. No handling fee will be charged in addition to the service we provide.
- If you wish to cancel your trip, you must notify us in writing because once the money is paid, it becomes an agreement between the company and the client hence cancellation charges may apply. Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation by the booking office. In case of last minutes booking cancellation, the Company shall work with client or traveler to safeguard deposit but Subject to lodge & hotels agreement but Cancellation Fee shall apply
- If any booking is cancelled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
- If 4 weeks prior to departure – 30% Cancellation Fee
- If 2 weeks prior to departure – 50% Cancellation Fee
- If 1 week prior to departure – 70% Cancellation Fee, which can be reduced depending on the season
- The company has a right to cancel a trip if we feel that the behavior of the client / individual is causing harm, disturbance, damage or endangerment, hence he/she will not be able to benefit from any services provided by the company be it in accommodation or transport.
- If cancellation by traveler / client is due to unavoidable circumstances on their end, we shall try and refund the deposit paid by negotiating with the hotels, putting into consideration their cancellation policy. The amount paid is also prone to deduction due to any other payments that might have been made in advance to secure the booking but is unrefundable. We shall then refund to the client what is left of the amount paid.
NB: We will not be liable for charges incurred at the bank during the process of wiring the money back. The money paid is subject to a 3.5% deduction for credit cards, PayPal, online payments or bank transfers.
Travelers with special needs (i.e. physical challenges or disabilities) must communicate their special need requirements at the time of the booking. Whilst every care is taken to provide for all your special needs made known to us prior to the tour, we obviously require full details of any required medication, medical conditions and/or disabilities and capabilities to ensure these needs are accommodated. We will communicate with you in case a special need request cannot be ensured but subject to the request. No responsibility can be taken for catering for any conditions or requirements not communicated to us at the time of booking.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER TRAVEL PAPERS
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to commencement of the tour.
- At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
- Clients are entitled to one bag of 15 kg to all locally flights and 45 kg for international Airlines but any extras baggage to our clients/traveler The Company can provide Storage.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
- The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding according to the agreed itinerary
- The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
- The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorizes the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
- Unforeseen circumstances, unexpected events like bad weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, The Company has the right to consider any default or any unavoidable circumstances beyond our clients/traveler, The Company shall consider an alternative solution to safe guard our clients/Traveler. We put our Lord God first if anything may arise as a result of these.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. The Company has the right to consider any default or any unavoidable circumstances beyond our clients/traveler, The Company shall consider an alternative solution to safe guard our clients/Traveler.
- All our prices are based on the current national park fees and taxes. There have been ongoing talks that East African countries will be undergoing changes to tax regulations and should the authorities decide on increasing fees and taxes, even though they might currently not be scheduled, we would subsequently have to pass on these increases if necessary. This also applies to prices published on the website which are subject to change in case any major issue arises.
- As much of the journey is long hours on the trail on wildlife, the quality of the ground vehicle is of the utmost importance we have new fleet facing out the old ones. Each comfortable safari Van Minibus carries 5-8 pass and 4X4 Jeep Land Cruiser carries 5-7 pass, thus affording everyone a window seat and access to the roof hatch.
- Our safari Driver/Guides are all experienced with knowledge of educating our clients on the best Africa’s unique flora and fauna that attract visitors from all over the world, cultural and natural practices.
- We also provide different language speaking guides upon request.
- The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. KetSafaris cannot be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the company and its servants harmless from any such claim. The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
- In case of any flight cancellation, flight delay or missed flight, the client should inform us immediately so as to amend the booking made accordingly.
- Any dispute or complaints for reservations, payments or complaints about our services must be made in writing to us within 30 days following completion of the tour or will be deemed to have not occurred, with no compromise made to outstanding monies. We regret we are unable to make refunds for unused portion(s) of the tour including but not limited to missed meals and sightseeing.
IMPORTANT – Please check your flight tickets against your itinerary to ensure all details are correct. In particular, you should check the spellings of names on flight tickets and the departure times of flights.
PASSPORT – Please check your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry, and with at least two blank pages.