Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge
Facing the always magnificent sunsets to the west, and located at the highest point on Ngorongoro crater’s entire rim, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge stands well over half a kilometer above the crater floor and offers unparalleled views across this enormous caldera.
Themed around traditionally circular African houses with conical roofs, and decorated with examples of Africa’s rich tapestry of artistic traditions by way of rich woodcarvings and sculptures, the lodge harmonizes perfectly with its dramatic surroundings.
Situated on the eastern rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, in the volcanic highlands of Tanzania, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is located 220 km from Arusha, approximately 4 hours drive and 40 minutes by air, with another 2-hour transfer from the airstrip to the lodge.
- 4 hr. drive from Arusha
- A 30-minute flight from Arusha Airport to Manyara Airstrip
- 5 hr transfer from the airstrip to the Lodge
- 97 rooms
- Includes 5 inter-connecting rooms & 1 wheelchair accessible room
- TV in the conference room
- outdoor dining
- swimming pool
- gift shop
- WiFi in public areas
- Game drives
- Crater excursions
- Bush lunch
- Nature walks
- Card games
Our imposing reception, combined with the unparalleled welcome service, are just but a hint of the lodge’s impeccable settings and stellar service that await our guests. The furniture and arresting columns bearing engraved characters, which intersperse the reception, borrow heavily from Tanzania’s rich wildlife and tribal cultures while the potted plants are a reminder of the lodge’s verdant natural surroundings.
- Lobby & Lounge
Our grand and colorful lobby will welcome you in true Tanzanian hospitality and keep you intrigued with its collection of unique sculptures, and original furnishings and décor pieces. Indeed, the lounge is a true masterpiece of African heritage and a tranquil place to unwind after a game drive, over a cup of the highest quality coffee or tea sourced from the Tanzanian highlands.
- Lemala Hill Restaurant
The Lemala Hill restaurant offers an exquisite culinary experience with a fusion of continental and local cuisine to cater for all palates. The restaurant is thoughtfully fitted with ceiling to floor glass walls that offer guests panoramic views of the crater as they enjoy an expansive buffet breakfast selection, lunch or dinner. Crater View Bar
Get immersed in the décor, which is heavily influenced by rich earthy browns, African artifacts and depictions of Maasai warriors that have been deftly carved onto the towering pillars. The bar’s bold yet welcoming character conveys an infusion of the lodge’s pervasive afro theme and its natural surroundings. Rooms
- Brightly colored flowers of many species of shrubs border the paved pathways which lead away from both sides of the swimming pool to our guest rooms which are built to the same design
- When you step through your door, you will probably hold your breath while you stare over the two queen size beds, and through the window walling of the lower level, enclosed solarium at the view of the crater beyond.
- And the luxury doesn’t stop there. Because of its altitude, the lodge can be chilly at night so All rooms are equipped with amenities to ensure maximum comfort during your stay with us.