Mawe Luxury Tented Camp
Named after the famous Serengeti Kopjes (rocks), Mawe Luxury Tented Camp is located at the heart of Serengeti central part in the Seronera area, carefully positioned for close proximity to the wildlife herds and the great migration.
- Daily morning and afternoon scheduled flights from the cities of Arusha, Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar takes about 1hr from Arusha and 2hrs from Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam.
- The closest airstrip is Seronera (SEU) which is about 35minutes from the camp
- The camp is also accessed via a wonderful scenic journey from Arusha through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area passing around the rim of the crater. The journey takes approximately 6-7hrs.
- Balloon Safaris
Balloon safaris are a romantic and evocative way of experiencing the wilderness of East Africa, as you gracefully and silently fly over the plains teeming with herds of wildlife in the early morning. Typically, a balloon safari begins between 6 am and lasts for around 1-2 hours, during which you will likely see the magnificent wildlife below over several square kilometers of the game park. Balloon safaris are held regularly in the Serengeti and take off from designated sites where the disturbance to animals is kept to a minimum.
- Game drives
We are located at a very wealthy game viewing area in Serengeti, plenty of big cats to be seen all year round, during your stays most of the times you will see our resident animals passing very close to the camp including Serengeti’s famous cats; lions, leopards, and cheetahs. game drives usually start early morning before sunrise and late afternoon
- Walking Safari
Follow unbeaten paths of Serengeti with an armed local ranger/guide through Serengeti’s known off beaten paths. Walking safaris are done early morning and late afternoon and need to be booked in advance
- 12 en-suite tented rooms
- 8m long by 4m wide
- each tent is equipped with comfortable king-size or twin beds
- hand-wash basin and a flush toilet
- The campsite is fully lit by solar power, makes it the most Eco-friendly possible giving you the most comfortable nights in the Serengeti. The smell sounds, and sights are right next to you!
- The camp has a total of 12 tents
- 9 Standard tents
- 2 family tents
- 1 honeymooner tent all with great views of the Serengeti plains and NgareNanyuki river
Bush dining in Serengeti
Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, snacks during activities and dinner are included in your stay at Mawe tented camp in Serengeti. We are able to offer guests private dining in specially selected spots around the camp.
If you wish to enjoy breakfast at the camp and a day out on safari – we will be able to arrange a scrumptious bush lunch. Afternoon tea is served just before the afternoon game activity and offers a selection of cake, tea, coffee, and fresh fruit juices.
Sundowners and snacks offer the perfect way to end the day as the sun sets over the plains of Serengeti. Pre-dinner drinks can be enjoyed around the fire before dinner or at our ‘Hippo Pool Bar’
At Mawe camp we arrange the most amazing set bush breakfast, and lunches (weather permitting) at carefully selected areas, offering guests the most spectacular view of the Savannah as the perfect surprise after an exciting morning game drives
- Bar and lounge
- Bush dining