The Ark Kenya
Set in the heart of the Aberdare National Park, iconic and yes, quirky. The Ark overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick, which attracts a host of awesome wildlife. Resembling and named after Noah’s Ark, The Ark comprises of three decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide a superb location for wildlife to be seen. So that you don’t miss any animal sightings, the night guard will buzz your room when special animals come to the waterhole. The Ark has four viewing areas for observing the ever-present animal activity.
- Restaurant & Cuisine
- Viewing Decks
- The Gift Shop
- The Ark Water Hole
- The Bar
The Ark Water Hole
The waterhole is the premier attraction and center of attention at the lodge. Unlike game drives where one merely drives right through, at The Ark, you have the time and safe vantage to observe and study the animals unhurried. You get to see and appreciate the uniqueness of each of the animals that come to the waterhole.
- They have had a complete renovation of the property.
- All “cabins” have an en-suite shower and bathroom. Accommodation in The Ark is in the form of cabins that are self-contained with a shower and toilet. The rooms are on three levels – Deck A, Deck B and Deck C.
- Deck C is the main deck where all the main lodge facilities are located, including the restaurant, cloakrooms, and bar. There is also access for wheelchairs, for those who require it.
- From the safety and comfort of all the four decks, one can watch the wild animals visiting the water hole in front of The Ark.
- Six single bedded rooms
- Thirty-seven twin rooms with two single beds in each room
- Ten double rooms with one queen bed in each room
- Seven triple rooms with three single beds in each room
- Safari Drive
- Guided Bush / Nature Walk
- Bird Watching
- Visit to the Moorlands
- Trout Fishing