Sweet Waters Serena Camp
The oldest lodgings in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Sweetwaters Serena Camp is a large tented camp in the eastern sector of the conservancy, catering predominantly to a mid-range, drive-in group safari market. Part of the international Serena Hotels group whose largest shareholder is the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, the camp has full hotel facilities.
- On the Laikipia plains
- 17 kilometers from Nanyuki
- 217 kilometers from Nairobi
- Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Nanyuki airstrip is 17 kilometers from the camp, and a meet and greet and transfer service can be provided
- There are two styles of guest tents at Sweetwaters – standard tents and deluxe tents.
- The 39 standard tents (12 doubles and 27 twins) stretch out through landscaped gardens to the north of the central areas, curling around to face the waterhole, while the superior tents, in a row known as the “Morani Wing” stretch around to the east.
- Reasonably large canvas tents
- Solid thatched roofs above and solid ensuite bathrooms behind
- A small, shaded deck, with directors’ chairs and a table
- Inside either twin beds or a king-size double
- A small writing desk and an armchair
- electric lighting and power points
- The tiled bathrooms include a conventional flush loo
- Single basin and a shower behind a curtain
- Good towels and toiletries are provided
- There’s standard plumbing here and 24-hour hot water
- The 17 deluxe tents
- (seven doubles, eight twins, two triples)
- Canvas walls
- Fully lockable French doors at the front open onto a large tiled deck
- Comfy recliners would be a good addition. Inside, however, the tents are bright and warmly furnished in multi-colored hues,
- Plenty of space
- The beds are firm and very comfortable
- High-weave sheets
- The bathrooms have double basins
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Bush Walks
Whether you’re preparing for an exciting day in Ol Pejeta Conservancy or unwinding after an eventful afternoon, you’ll be delighted with the welcoming atmosphere of The Rhino Room.
Located in what was once the ranch manager’s house, our elegant restaurant features delicious international cuisine – punctuated by remarkable water hole views through floor-to-ceiling windows.
In addition to the restaurant, Sweetwaters Serena Camp offers a cozy bar with a fireplace – perfect for relaxing with friends after an exhilarating safari.
We also provide one-of-a-kind dining experiences within the campgrounds; bookings can be made at reception.
- The Rhino Room
Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Rhino Room welcomes you with the flavourful, locally sourced fare.
- The Water Hole Bar
Settle in beside a roaring fire and toast a successful day with a cold local beer or a glass of wine or spirits.
- Day and night game drives daily
- Tented camp accommodation
- Swimming pool
- Extensive grounds
- Private waterhole and night viewing bar
- Conference room
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business center, Wi-Fi
- Telephone in room
- Babysitting services and a baby cot in the room offered upon