Serengeti Sopa Lodge
Located on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the plains of the south-western Serengeti National Park, home to many thousands of wild and rare animals, Serengeti Sopa Lodge lies within an area of outstanding natural beauty. This is an oasis of cool relaxation from the equatorial sun.
The lodge allows its guests to experience magnificent sights and enjoy the interaction with the land and animals difficult to find elsewhere, whilst at the same time enjoying the highest level of cuisine and hospitality.
- Located 319 km from Arusha
- Approximately 7.5 hours’ drive, and 50 minutes flight with 45 minutes’ drive from the nearest airstrip
- The lodge is set in the Nyarboro Hills, in the South West overlooking the Serengeti Plains
- 7 hr drive from Arusha
- 1 hr flight from Arusha Airport to Seronera airstrip
- A 45-minute transfer from the airstrip to the Lodge
Includes 4 honeymoon suites
4 inter-connecting rooms
1 wheelchair accessible room
- TV room
- Outdoor dining
- Swimming pool
- Gift shop
- WiFi in public areas
- Game drives
- Bush dining
- Card games
Unlike most other safari lodges throughout East Africa, our main building does not have a traditional African thatched roof. It has instead a flat roof which we often use for a cocktail, sundowner, and private parties.
However, when you step down from these lofty heights into the sudden coolness of the reception lobby and move on, you will find stairs and ramps which either take you down to the dining room, with its outdoor terrace and simply delicious and sumptuous meals that are to die for, or across to the conference room before descending further to the ground floor.
Airy and spacious, the walls painted with rich earth colors reflecting the tones of the surrounding area.
- Furnished with large comfortable chairs made out of driftwood, huge cushions, and colorful throw pillows.
- The low ceiling has wooden beams across and the pillars holding it are shaped like huge pots stacked together.
- Beautiful metallic wall lamps with soft lighting complete the overall, warm and intimate effect.
- An open dining area
- Lots of light emanating from the floor to ceiling windows
- The furniture is wrought iron chairs and wooden tops, all artistically done
- The walls are painted in a mud red color with a window like spaces holding artifacts found in the region
- Behind the buffet area is a shimmering blue placement, like a glass mosaic, adding on to the theme
The Bar is set in a corner with a view of the Serengeti plains, the bar area is strategically placed with an uninterrupted view, and has a terrace for seating with comfortable chairs.