Mara Crossings Camp
Mara Crossings Camp is an eco-friendly luxury tented camp, uniquely located on the banks of the world famous Mara River. This camp lies among indigenous shrubs right at the mighty rivers edge. A wild, yet intimate experience, in the thick of the resident game, this is the perfect vantage point for one of the most famous fording points of the wildebeest migration.
Well-used animal trails meander between eight spacious, en-suite safari tents. The rich, red notes of the African earth are reflected in the interiors of each of the eight suites. With expansive views, the tents are strung out on one side of the river, allowing the guests to marvel at the unspoiled wilderness from their own private veranda.
The camp is ideally located in the Musiara region, famous for its plains of teeming wildebeest and no less carnivorous predators. The most unique aspect of this quaint camp is its close proximity to the various migratory crossing points.
- Private Vehicle Hire
If you prefer to hire a vehicle on exclusive use (without sharing with other clients & enjoying great flexibility), kindly inform the camp manager the previous day
- Balloon Safaris
A wonderful way to discover the magic of the Mara from a different perspective…ideally undertaken on the 2nd or 3rd day of your safari (Weather permitting). Pick up from our camp at 5.30 pm by the balloon company’s vehicle & transferred to the launching site. Embark on a 45 min to 01-hour balloon ride over the famous game reserve to enjoy magnificent birds’ eye view of the wild game in this reserve.
View the spectacle of the African sunset whilst being served snacks and drinks from the comfort of your Safari chair.
- Indoor Fireplace
- No Credit Card Facilities
- Sleep: 16
- Check-in: 1:00 PM
- Check-out: 10:00 AM
- Full board accommodation
- 02 Game drives per day
- Airstrip Transfers
- Beers, Wines, Soft drinks & Spirits
- 2nd or 3rd day of your safari (Weather permitting)
- Pick up from our camp at 5.30 pm by the balloon company’s vehicle & transferred to the launching site. Embark on a 45 min to 01-hour balloon ride over the famous game reserve to enjoy magnificent birds’ eye view of the wild game in this reserve.
- The mighty Mara remains Kenya’s best-loved reserve harboring miles of wide savannah, rolling hills and riverine forest with huge grazing herds, bountiful birdlife and Africa’s largest population of lions.
- After an hour of awe-inspiring views, you will land to the welcome of a sumptuous champagne breakfast in the wild.
- Thereafter, you will be transferred back to Mara Crossings Camp